NetSure™ Maintenance and Support Grows 76% and Continues to be the Company’s Fastest Growing Business Segment
Santa Barbara, Calif. ─ February 27, 2013 ─ Network Hardware Resale (NHR), the world’s leading provider of pre-owned and new networking and datacenter solutions, realized its strongest growth to date with the global expansion of maintenance services and product offerings in 2012. The company looks to maintain momentum in 2013 with the recent launch of its servers and storage business that provides customers with flexible networking and datacenter solutions that deliver value, speed, reliability, and support.
In 2012, Network Hardware Resale:
- Shipped more than 730,000 items, a 35 percent increase from 2011.
- Experienced a 76 percent increase in the NetSure™ Maintenance Program, a complete and customizable network coverage solution and affordable alternative to traditional OEM maintenance.
- Saved customers an average of 75 percent off new and used IT equipment from traditional OEM list prices.
- Sold more than $25 million in optics. NHR-branded optics made up 41 percent of sales and grew nearly 60% year over year.
“Businesses today are constantly reassessing their technology investments while responding to pressures to grow and improve infrastructure,” said Mike Sheldon, President and CEO of Network Hardware Resale. “With that in mind, we’ve continued to provide customers with a robust global portfolio of solutions and services that can help them maintain or upgrade their current network or datacenter infrastructure at a fraction of the cost without sacrificing quality or reliability.”
International expansion continues to be a major factor influencing the company’s growth as well. For example in 2012, Network Hardware Resale:
- Provided solutions and services to customers in 178 countries around the world.
- Established over 290 global forward stocking depots.
- Grew more than 35% in Japan.
Additional company milestones from the past year include:
- Provided the industry’s first True Lifetime Warranty on all pre-owned equipment.
- Ramped up global presence: Increased global footprint of NetSure™ Maintenance Program to better serve customers around the globe.
- Launched Network Hardware Resale branded optical transceivers (optics): Offered its own line of carrier-class, compatible optical transceivers that work with a broad array of vendors, and meet OEM specifications and requirements. Also became the first global stocking reseller of Menara Networks' IP over DWDM 10G Optics.
- Received TL 9000 certification for the fifth consecutive year ensuring the highest standards in equipment testing.
“Typically, third-party maintenance support is purchased by end users looking for dramatic savings on hardware support,” according to Gartner. “In addition to the traditional TPMs in the U.S., other types of providers, such as refurbished equipment vendors, are providing hardware support services.”
For more information about Network Hardware Resale, please visit www.networkhardware.com
About Network Hardware Resale
Network Hardware Resale is the world's leading provider of pre-owned and new networking and datacenter solutions. Headquartered in Santa Barbara, Calif., the Company is an independent reseller of pre-owned equipment from Cisco, Juniper, HP, IBM and other manufacturers and is a Premier member of Dell's PartnerDirect Program. Network Hardware Resale also offers NetSure™ Maintenance Program, a complete and customizable network coverage solution and affordable alternative to traditional OEM maintenance. The Company offers IT asset recovery, Network Monitoring and technical support services as well as a complete line of OEM and branded optical transceivers, memory, cables and accessories. Founded in 1986, Network Hardware Resale provides global organizations, from 178 countries, quality and reliable networking and data center equipment, solutions, and services with access to personalized technical and sales support from its Santa Barbara, Dallas, New York City, Amsterdam, London, and Singapore locations. For more information, visit www.networkhardware.com
 Gartner “Forecast Analysis: Hardware Product Support Services, 2010-2016, 4Q12 Update” by Christine Tenneson, et al, December 19, 2012