Network Hardware Resale, the world’s largest independent provider for networking equipment, ramps-up presence in Japan
Launch of New Service Offering Helps Provide Alternative Networking Services and Solutions to Businesses
Tokyo, June 11, 2012: Network Hardware Resale (NHR), the world’s leading provider of pre-owned and new networking solutions, has outlined an aggressive strategy for increased focus in Japan. Since 2008, Network Hardware Resale has shipped more than 30,000 pieces of equipment including 15,000 in 2012, saving Japanese customers over USD $18 million and growth of 500+ percent and recorded annual global revenue of USD $230 million in 2011.
In the Japan market, Network Hardware Resale provides businesses with smarter, more robust networking alternatives that can offer:
- Cost savings of 50-90 percent off of OEM list prices
- 24x7x365 support of networking equipment
- Guaranteed next business day hardware replacement
- Stringent quality standards with a proven less than 0.5 percent failure rate
- Lifetime product warranty
“Japan, as a strategic regional investment, has provided Network Hardware Resale with the opportunity to work in an environment that is competitive, diverse, and more importantly connected in a manner that helps us maintain our quality and service standards,” said Jason Ogden Regional Director APAC, Network Hardware Resale. “Nearly 25 percent of personnel and 50 percent of our product stocking locations are dedicated to Japan and we plan to activate 100 such stocking locations in the country in the next year.”
“Over the past year, demand for Network Hardware Resale’s hardware and maintenance services has grown significantly as organizations around the world strive to maximize the value of their technology investments,” said Mike Sheldon, President and CEO of Network Hardware Resale. “In Asia-Pacific we have helped customers save well over USD $100 million since we started our business in the region in 2007. We’ve seen phenomenal growth at more than 300% since then and continue to expand in this market.”
Focusing on strategic growth in the Asia-Pacific region, Network Hardware Resale will announce at Interop Tokyo 2012 the expansion of its NetSure™ Maintenance Program, a complete and customizable network coverage solution and affordable alternative to Cisco SMARTnet® with NetSure™ 4HR. This new offering will provide customers with a global four-hour hardware replacement service, guaranteeing immediate replacement of critical networking equipment, averting the costly effects of network equipment failure. The program covers current generation networking equipment as well as legacy networking products.
Currently Japan leads Asia in IT spending for goods and services and leading industry analyst firm IDC forecasts IT spending in Japan to reach USD $166 billion by 2013. However, given the economic uncertainty, rapid influx of technologies, and rising infrastructure costs, businesses need to reconsider their purchase options that are reliable and can help create a balance of technology and cost.
Network Hardware Resale, through its seven global offices, provides businesses with a unique advantage to help build customized networks with a host of products to choose from. This comes alongside the expertise to help businesses define and distinguish between business critical and non-critical networks and a unique advantage of helping increase the value of dollar spent by increasing the life of a network.
Network Hardware Resale offers unmatched service standards through:
- Product Support: Freedom to choose from the world’s largest inventory worth USD $200 million of pre-owned products from Cisco, Juniper, Foundry, and Extreme amongst others. Guaranteed next-business-day hardware replacement anywhere in the world with 24x7x365 personalized tech support.
- Service Support: NetSureTM maintenance program offers 24x7x365 global support, comprehensive network coverage, real-time monitoring and guaranteed network hardware replacement to manage networks.
- Unmatched Quality: NHR is an ISO 9001:2008 and TL 9000 certified network equipment provider. NHR has half a million hours of customer network equipment testing and technical support of legacy networks. This has resulted in better-than-OEM reliability on equipment NHR sells, including an average 0.5 percent failure on field-tested pre-owned equipment as compared to the 3-5 percent for OEMs.
- Consulting: Every NHR customer has the benefit of vendor-neutral network and consulting expertise that draws on the experience of tens of thousands of customer user cases. Unmatched visibility into the pricing and availability of networking hardware equipment globally offers superior knowledge of the point in time intrinsic value of networking equipment.
- Network Hardware Resale Heritage and Global Reach: Over 25 years of experience and the world’s best team of networking experts and largest inventory. NHR has over 330 trained industry experts that speak more than 30 languages to meet growing and diverse demands of customers worldwide.
About Network Hardware Resale
Network Hardware Resale is the world's leading provider of pre-owned and new networking solutions. Based in Santa Barbara, Calif., the Company is an independent reseller of pre-owned Cisco, Brocade/Foundry, and Juniper networking equipment and is a Premier member of Dell's PartnerDirect program. The Company is also the first global stocking reseller of Menara Networks' optical IP/Ethernet transport solutions. Network Hardware Resale offers cost-effective network management, asset management, alternative maintenance, and technical support services. Founded in 1986, Network Hardware Resale provides access to global personalized technical and sales support from its Santa Barbara, Dallas metro, New York City metro, Amsterdam, London, and Singapore locations. Organizations worldwide purchase quality networking equipment from NHR, including Global 1000 companies, mid-sized enterprises, government entities, educational institutions, healthcare organizations, and telecommunications service providers. For more information, visit www.networkhardware.com.
 Savings computed versus what businesses would have originally paid while using their traditional channel.
 Growth from 2010 to 2011 was also a result of NHR doubling its resources to support its Japanese customers.
 Another 'Chinese Eclipse' of the Rising Sun to Occur in 2013: China IT Spend to Surpass Japan for First Time Ever, May 17, 2012: http://www.ap.idc.asia/press/