Storage Health Checks
Capacity and Performance - Ensure your Storage System is Operating at Maximum Capacity. Let us Perform a Health Check on Your System Today.
With data retention exploding, companies are managing more data every day. Virtualization, along with other technological trends, are pushing the limits of equipment in production. But the equipment needs to deliver and deliver fast.
Our Health Checks provide clients with an analysis of their critical storage (data) environments. Using our certified engineers, we help identify operational storage issues relating to areas such as data availability, redundancy and supportability. Following discovery and analysis, we provide a set of findings and recommendations relating to configuration, hardware or software issues/risks that may negatively impact or limit changes to the storage environment.
We perform an analysis of the logs and configuration for a single agreed upon storage array/cluster in order to identify issues affecting the proper operation of the storage system. The Health Check is delivered in three phases: Discovery, Analysis and Delivery. Curvature will utilize the results of the discovery and analysis to prepare and present our findings and recommendations. This presentation will be conducted via teleconference with softcopy materials provided within twenty-four (24) hours of the teleconference.
Scope of Work
Phase 1: Discovery
The first phase of our Health Check process focuses on data gathering. This phase is performed remotely by a Curvature Engineer and combines a review of system configuration logs, configuration files, storage diagrams (if available) and discussions with client storage administrators. The intent is a better understanding of the overall environment.
Phase 2: Analysis
The second phase of our Health Check process focuses on identifying current or potential issues in the environment as well as opportunities for improvements in reliability and performance. This phase is performed remotely by the assigned Curvature engineer. System-related events that affect daily operation, potential device configuration issues, system-based software revisions and host connectivity status as seen by the storage array are reviewed utilizing the previously gathered logs.
Phase 3: Delivery
During this final phase of the Health Check process, the Curvature engineer(s) will develop and document findings and recommendations identified during the Analysis phase. These findings and recommendations will be presented to the client in a single presentation event which will be scheduled and conducted at a mutually agreeable date/time. Within twenty-four (24) hours of the presentation, our engineer will electronically transmit a softcopy of the presentation materials.
We currently provide expert support for Dell EMC Clariion CX/AX Series, Celerra NS Series, VNX/VNX2 Series, VNXe, Isilon and Data Domain and NetApp FAS.
Independent evaluation of storage component’s health:
- Reduces risk of data corruption
- Reduces risk of data availability
- Identifies failed components and potentially avoids unexpected downtimes
- Provides actionable recommendations for customer to improve performance and mitigate risk
- Frees up IT resources
Why CurvatureLearn more
- Independent third-party analysis provides non-manufacturer bias for a consistent storage Health Check across multiple vendor platforms
- Certified storage consultants with 20+ years of manufacturer experience and multiple manufacturer certifications
- Global reach anywhere in the world via remote deliverables
- Hundreds of field technicians available under a separate engagement to remediate identified storage issues or concerns if required
- Personalized delivery specific to client’s storage environment, with certified storage consultants