Storage Performance Assessment
Eliminate Data Accessible Bottlenecks. Optimize Your Data Center’s Storage Performance. Get a Performance Assessment of Your Storage Environment Today.
With data retention exploding, companies are managing more data every day. Virtualization along with other technological trends, are pushing the limits of equipment in production. But the equipment needs to deliver and deliver fast. Performance of a storage environment is affected by many factors; load imbalance, oversubscription, and other challenges.
Our Performance Assessment will focus on what can be done to take advantage of a specific array’s performance capabilities. The Services will be delivered in three phases: Discovery, Analysis and Delivery. Curvature will utilize the results of the discovery and analysis to prepare and present our findings and recommendations. This presentation will be conducted via teleconference with soft copy materials provided within twenty-four (24) hours of the teleconference.
The Performance Assessment can be used to establish a baseline for future performance analysis, as well as guide change management and capacity planning. The assessment will pinpoint areas for potential improvement, including configuration changes, application load adjustments and workload balancing in addition to identifying additional capacity or performance improvements where needed.
We perform an analysis of the logs and configuration for a single agreed upon storage array/cluster (Dell EMC Clariion/Celerra/VNX array or NetApp FAS cluster) in order to identify issues affecting the performance of the storage system. The Performance Assessment is delivered in three phases: Discovery, Analysis and Delivery. Curvature will utilize the results of the discovery and analysis to prepare and present our findings and recommendations. This presentation will be conducted via teleconference with softcopy versions of the presentation materials provided within twenty-four (24) hours of the teleconference.
Scope of Work
Phase 1: Discovery
The first phase of the Curvature Performance Assessment process focuses on data gathering. This phase is performed remotely by a Curvature Engineer and combines a review of system configuration logs, configuration files, storage diagrams (if available) and discussions with client personnel to better understand the overall environment and issues/concerns with performance.
Phase 2: Analysis
The second phase of the Curvature Performance Assessment process focuses on identifying current or potential issues in the environment as well as opportunities for improvements in reliability and performance. This phase is performed remotely by a Curvature Engineer.
System-related events that affect daily operation, potential device configuration issues, system-based software revisions, host connectivity status as seen by the storage system, and ‘hot spots’ of performance statistics are reviewed and analyzed.
Phase 3: Delivery
During this final phase of the Performance Assessment process, the Curvature Engineer(s) will develop and document findings and recommendations identified during the Analysis phase. These findings and recommendations will be presented to the client in a single presentation event which will be scheduled and conducted at a mutually agreeable date/time.
- Within twenty-four (24) hours of the presentation, the Curvature Engineer will electronically transmit a softcopy of the presentation materials.
Performance Assessment Services are available for Dell EMC Clariion/Celerra/VNX and NetApp FAS storage systems.
- Conduct independent evaluation of storage performance, eliminating data accessible bottlenecks
- Identifies failed components and how performance is impacted
- Provides actionable recommendations for customer to improve performance and mitigate risk
- Frees up IT resources
Why Curvature?Learn more
- Independent third-party analysis provides non-manufacturer bias for a consistent storage health check across multiple vendor platforms.
- Certified storage consultants, with 20+ years of manufacturer experience and multiple manufacturer certifications.
- Global reach anywhere in the world via remote deliverables.
- 800+ field technicians available under a separate engagement to remediate identified storage issues or concerns if required.
- Personalized delivery specific to client’s storage environment, with certified storage consultants.