Become an Employee at Curvature
At Curvature, we focus on transforming how companies manage, maintain, support and upgrade equipment for multi-vendor and multinational networks and data centers. With a mission to provide our customers with more choice, flexibility and control through people and technology, we build trusted partnerships around the globe and deliver tailored, value-added and reliable solutions to demonstrate the power of people in a technical world.
From Field Engineering to Sales, employees at Curvature have a unique opportunity to be a part of a growing environment and make a difference in our customers’ long-term business strategy and support their mission-critical hardware.
- Two Consumer Driven Health Plans (CDHP), including a company funded HSA
- Dental and Vision Coverage
- Employee Wellness Incentives
- Retirement Plan Opportunities
- Voluntary Supplemental Benefits
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Work/Life Balance Benefits
Category Manager, Server & Storage
• Line of Business Owner – Define and manage the key performance indicators (KPI’s) of the business including taking ownership for gross profit of the server/storage line of business.
• Analyze those KPI’s and formulate strategies to improve opportunity count, new funnel, pipeline, win/loss ratio, and gross margin.
• Execute on the go-to-market strategy, contribute to the marketing plan, and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan.
• Manage presales engineering, the pricing manager, and purchasing.
• Perform market research around supply/demand, price levels, and alternative products.
• Maintain competitive scorecards on each significant competitor, by theater
• Create product and sales enablement to ensure executive of revenue and margin by region in this product line.
Sales and Sales Enablement
• Create training content in collaboration with presales engineering for sales, marketing, and pricing managers on existing and upcoming product lines.
• Research and analyze product and market insights. Share those insights.
• Obtain product market share by working with sales leaders to develop product sales strategies
• Create sales incentive programs to drive product focus and revenue
• Assesses product market data and collects product feedback by calling on customers with account executives and evaluating call results.
• Suggest appropriate pricing, discount guidelines, and promotional activities
• Collaborate with the marketing team. Strategize positioning of the network product category in order to maximize its visibility
• Work with marketing by providing content for external and internal marketing collateral
• Collaborate with marketing on campaigns and promotions
• Monitor feedback and delivery of marketing results
Procurement and Supply Chain
• Collaborate with vendors and distributors worldwide to build and develop a robust supply chain to ensure product delivery and support.
• Recommend strategic inventory buys & stocking position
• Facilitates inventory turnover and product availability by reviewing and analyzing inventory levels and collaborating with supply chain
• Place appropriate purchase orders
• Ensure product availability
• Calculate forecasts for product demand trends
• Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS
• Supervisory, leadership, delegation and mentor skills
• Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues and cross-functional teams, and third parties.
• Microsoft Office applications proficiency; Advanced experience with PowerPoint and Excel
• A learner-skillful at starting and mastering a subject
• Pre-call planning, client meetings and presentation skills
• Financial analysis, return-on-investment and budget management skills
• Knowledge of sales principles, methods, practices and techniques
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or General Engineering or equivalent years of additional experience (required)
REQUIRED AND PREFERRED EXPERIENCE
• 8+ years experience in IT industry (required)
• 2+ years of practical experience as Product or Configuration Specialist (required)
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS-JSA (%)
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard and telephone
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements due to computer work
• Light to moderate lifting
• Ability to uphold the stress of traveling
• Regular, predictable attendance is required; including quarter-driven hours as business demands dictate
• Address quality and customer issues.
• Work with sales, supply chain, and operations to ensure the successful execution of this product line to customers
• Must successfully pass a background check and drug screen
Senior Purchasing and Brokerage Buyer, Server & Storage
• Monitor inventory for health and vertical coverage.
• Identify and recruit new and reliable sources of gear.
• Negotiate and procure server & storage hardware for global inventory.
• Procure and stock accessories, cables, memory, rack mounts and optics for regional inventory.
• Manage forecasts to ensure timely flow of inventory.
• Manage and report on KPI’s for their specific role
• Manage vendor relationships including pre-negotiate terms and dealer discrepancies.
• Develop knowledge base of supplier specialties.
• Record vendor performance and adjust ranking.
• Manage aging inventory.
• Sell off excess or aging inventory.
• Develop relationships within the brokerage community to assist in buying and selling.
• High School diploma
• Minimum 4 years experience in outside, business-to-business technology sales or purchasing
• Preowned Server and Storage Industry experience
• Knowledge of assigned product line (Cisco, HP, Dell, etc)
• Bachelor’s degree
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel
• Demonstrated experience with existing vendor relationships
• Proven organizational, forecasting, planning, and analytical capabilities
• Proven negotiation skills
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
• Interface with Account Executives and clients to determine requirements
• Translate customer requirements into part IDs
• Build quotes using SalesForce.com
• Set pricing based on pricing models
• Assist Account Executives in maintaining and expanding business relationships/market share with existing and new customers
• Keep up-to-date on products, part numbers, and market pricing
• Interface with Sales team to ensure correct order processing, flawless execution, and 100% customer satisfaction
• Provide efficient, friendly, and proactive customer service and timely problem solving
• Effectively balance demands from multiple stakeholders and short-term and long-term priorities
• Other duties as assigned
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• 2+ years experience in IT sales
• Experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and order management systems such as SalesForce.com and Oracle, as well as Microsoft Office Suite
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Bachelor’s Degree (4-year college/university studies) or equivalent
• Prior sales experience in the IT industry specifically pre-owned server, storage, and network hardware
• Ability to gather business intelligence and technical requirements
• Have a professional demeanor, a desire to help others, and promote a positive team environment
• Be a self-driven, results-oriented individual with the ability to multi-task and assess own performance
• Ability to respond to rapid change, perform duties with accuracy and with a strong degree of urgency
Accounts Receivable Coordinator
The Accounts Receivable Coordinator is responsible for the efficient processing and payment by the Company of accounts payable/receivable transactions in conjunction with employee expenses, ensuring all payments and expenditures are made in an accurate and timely manner and maintaining own ledger ensuring timely collection of debts.
• Responsible for the timely compiling, processing, monitoring, and maintaining of Accounts Payable/Receivable (AP/AR) transactions and records, ensuring accounts are accurate, up to date and financial policies, procedures, and payment cycles are adhered to.
• Audit and process employee expenses claims ensuring compliance with Company procedures and policies and to effectively deal with any related queries.
• Upload and match sales and supplier invoices to Purchase Orders and seek to resolve any discrepancies.
• Develop strong working relationships with suppliers and assist in negotiating payment terms, where deemed necessary.
• Process payments for multi-currency vendor invoices, checking, matching, batching, and coding invoices accordingly and ensuring the relevant authorizations are in place.
• Meet cash and debtor targets set by AP/AR Manager.
• Allocate cash receipts, payments, and credit notes.
• Ensure debts are paid within the agreed payment terms and escalate non-payment matters in line with the collections process.
• Review and perform account reconciliations.
• Manage own ledger, regularly contacting customers to ensure all invoices are settled on time-escalating any concerns on debt with AP/AR Manager.
• Prepare and issue monthly statements for customers and suppliers.
• Ensure customers' and suppliers' contact records are kept up to date.
• Effectively deal with any accounts payable/receivable-related queries in a professional and timely manner, escalating complex queries to the AP/AR Manager or designate, where appropriate.
• Ensure that all documentation, records, and systems are accurate and up to date, adhering to internal processes and quality standards.
• Contribute to any project work under the direction and guidance of the AP/AR Manager.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Minimum 2 years experience in accounts payable/receivable or credit control.
• Competent and confident in the use of technology with good ICT and analytical skills, including Excel and the application of formulas.
• Ability to work to tight deadlines and to plan and prioritize one’s own workload, act on own initiative and effectively manage a multi-faceted workload.
• A confident and adept communicator with the ability to listen to others, persuade, influence and quickly establish effective working relationships.
• Enthusiastic and flexible team player with high expectations of self and others Previous experience within Accounts Payable/Receivable or Credit Control.
• Committed to one’s continuous professional development and a willingness to undertake relevant training to refine skills and develop professional knowledge and capability.
• Must be flexible to work outside of core hours where business needs require.
• GCSE qualifications (Grade A-C) or equivalent in English and Mathematics.
Santa Barbara, CA
• Troubleshoot and perform maintenance on printing equipment while providing customer service to our clients while on-site and throughout service to issue resolution
• Accurately diagnose problems with specified equipment and correctly identify remediation solution necessary to bring equipment back to operational status
• Determine best cost approach to implement repairs to customer’s equipment
• Perform routine equipment installations, moves, additions, and changes as part of a deployment team
• Perform scripted image loading, unit diagnostics and replaceable unit swapping
• Perform preventive maintenance on a variety of equipment as directed by supervisor
• Maintain an accurate inventory of parts, with annual audits conducted
• Report status of open job tickets to help desk team members and to supervisor
• Provide support to senior team members when completing complex repairs or installations
• Maintain familiarity with customer’s equipment and network to identify trends and patterns of problems and to assist customers in resolving underlying causes
• Maintain organization and cleanliness at the customer site, returning it to the condition in which it was found
• Maintain records and logs of all service performed with details of customer’s concerns and requests
• Ensure professionalism with regards to actions, demeanor, dress and attitude throughout the delivery
• Maintain knowledge and certification necessary to support computer equipment and peripherals
• Maintain cross-functional knowledge within Curvature to respond to service delivery in a collateral role
• Must be flexible to work varied schedules, including overtime when needed up to 20%, as well as to accept “on call” service calls after hours and on weekends when needed
• High School diploma
• 1 year Knowledge of modern warehouse procedures and methods including telephone communications, office systems, and record keeping
• 1 year industry experience with IT networking hardware or equivalent combination of education and experience
• 1 year experience with CATOS-based fixed configuration switches (i.e. 2948G)
• Work is performed in both office and field environments. Must be able to lift, push, carry or pull up to 65 pounds or more and be able to bend, kneel and work with arms raised for prolonged periods
• Must have a clear driving record for three years
• Must be eligible to receive a government security clearance to service government clients
• Knowledge of modern business communication, specifically electronic communication
• Ability to use a personal computer and various software packages including skills in Microsoft Suite
• Ability to accurately follow instructions and retain technical information quickly
• Ability to interpret schematics, blueprints and diagrams
• Ability to work in fast-paced, collaborative environment
• Proven organizational skills
• Demonstrates teaming behaviors including effective communication skills face-to-face, via email, and on the phone
• Ability to establish priorities, work independently and as part of a team, and proceed with objectives without supervision
• Basic Knowledge of testing methodology, topology, cabling plant
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Two to four-year college degree preferred but not required
Business Development Associate
• Use prospecting strategies to lead initial outreach to prospects
• Quickly learn Curvature’s product offerings, effectively communicate the value proposition, and be able to react to objections and competitive questions
• Execute targeted outbound campaigns to identify new contacts, establish the need and fit, and arrange a product introduction and prospects
• Work closely with the Field team to strategically target key accounts
• Conduct high-level conversations with key IT contacts including C-level executives to drive new business
• Consistently achieve qualified opportunity quotas to ensure territory revenue objectives
• Update and manage contacts in our CRM (Salesforce)
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
• Number of activities per day (50 dials per day / 60 emails per day)
• Meetings set
• Meetings converted (Quota is 10 per month)
• New pipeline generated
• Conversion rates
• High School diploma or equivalent (Bachelor’s degree preferred)
• Demonstrated technical aptitude and computer skills are essential as well as proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Experience utilizing Salesforce or other CRM application
• Ability to build strong customer relationships and interact with varying levels
• Demonstrated effective organizational and detail-orientation skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including verbal, written, and presentation
• Ability to learn, analyze, understand and convey complex information
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
• You must be excited about prospecting new business, developing and cross-selling within accounts, and targeting key decision-makers within the small to medium business marketspace
• You have energy, ambition, and passion, and want to be part of a growing and successful team
Join Us Today
At Curvature, we are always on the lookout for talented and motivated individuals who share our passion for customer success.