HPE DEC Alpha and VAX Server Maintenance
Extend your hardware asset life cycle with a third-party maintenance strategy.
Curvature is recognized as a global top performer for independent third-party maintenance and support for servers within the data center.
Curvature is one of the only data center providers that can fully support HPE (DEC) Alpha and VAX platforms direct from our own 100+ global service centers globally, utilizing our own trained engineers. Throughout the decades, Curvature has continued to support the VAX and the natural evolution to Alpha and Itanium-based Integrity server hardware.
Our mission is to enable IT freedom to our customers by removing pain points and identifying areas to improve both quality and efficiency throughout our relationship.
- Extend the lifespan of your equipment and postpone technology refresh
- Contract and vendor consolidation with flexible contract terms, meaning you can mix and match service levels within a single location
- Products supported as long as parts are available
- Faster call-to-dispatch times
- Reduce hardware costs by 50% or more (lowering OpEx)
- Enhanced service contract, service incident and IT asset management via Curvature’s proprietary cloud-based SaaS application, singlePoint®
- Expert field engineering teams, including Level 3 CE teams for triage
- Optional enhanced Operating Systems Software support
DEC Alpha and VAX Supported
|HPE||DEC||MicroVAX, VAXstations, Alphaservers, AlphaStations|
Contact us today to discuss the best option for you.
- Onsite labor
- Onsite parts replacement
- Dedicated spares onsite
- Dedicated labor onsite
- Hardware upgrades with installation services
- Asset disposition
- System administrations - remote systems administration for OpenVMS and other platforms
- Defective media retention
- Software support
- Shell scripting consulting services including these scripting languages: DCL, TCL, PHP, Ruby, and Python; and these compiled languages: SQL, Pascal, C, Fortran, and Basic
Enhanced Software Support Solutions
Level 3 telephone support through strategic alliances with organizations specializing on these platforms, some of which own the source code.
Curvature can provide enhanced support solutions for the following operating systems software:
- HPE- DEC: OpenVMS, Tru64 UNIX
Eliminate the need to go back to the manufacturer for a software support agreement and review your options beforehand.
Why CurvatureMeet Curvature
- 800+ badged field engineers (less than 5% contracted labor)
- Global central engineering team provides development, training, and Level 3 support
- Wholly owned spare parts inventory (non-shared logistics) located around the globe in 100+ service centers
- Continual hands-on technical training conducted in our labs on live gear
- Comprehensive development methodology to define support capabilities for all roadmap products, prior to support commitment
Identify support risks and make maintenance strategy recommendations with ClearView
Track service activity and make contract management simple.
Remote Enterprise Monitoring (REM)Decrease IT involvement by using Curvature’s automated event management system to process hardware notifications and fixes.
“Curvature has always been there for me with what I need. I can always count on my account manager to provide me with good solutions for hardware I need, when I need it, at a price point that is hard to beat with a lifetime warranty to boot!"
—Network Operation Engineer, Healthcare Company
Reclaimed 1000 Days Per Year
Reduced Capital Expenses by 75%
Can you provide firmware updates?
No. Firmware is the intellectual property of the manufacturer. We will gladly perform a ClearView analysis of an estate to identify risks so customers can determine if firmware updates are needed.
Are your parts manufacturer-certified?
Yes. We utilize original parts, with manufacturer model and firmware. We do not alter or replace parts with non-original components.
Do you stock parts locally?
Yes. Our service centers are stocking locations where we stock high-failure components locally.
What does your four-hour onsite response include?
Our onsite response service level includes a qualified field engineer with the appropriate tools to begin remediation.
Do you support servers during the warranty period? And is there a price break?
YES. If it is a product we support, then the warranty status does not matter. We have an aggressive pricing structure -- 50% lower.
What will I lose by leaving the manufacturer and signing with Curvature?
Are you an authorized support provider?
YES, with certain manufacturers. Our engineering team is composed of former manufacturer engineers who have found a home with us.